Trying To Blog For 30 Days Straight
I need to be writing more.
Recently I ran across this post from Shaunta Grimes about how to know what to write about. I eventually rabbit holed into a few other posts which led me to her post about her experience blogging for 30 days straight.
I am the kind of person who will make whatever excuse under the sun to not do something that I’ve really put thought and effort into. It’s the inward inferiority creeping up, it’s the doubts to whether or not this can be something that will work as an experience, something that could possibly grow from that into a source of income, into the reason why I went to college, the degree that I received.
So when I read her experience and saw that she said consistent writing does indeed lead to results, I thought I’d give it a shot. Regardless of how long each post is or what I perceive to be the measure of quality for my writing, I’m going to write for a month, everyday.
What’s the blogging about?
I think I want this to be an outlet for thinking things out, namely, the many side projects that have been cooking in my mind. So I’ll let everyone know how those are going. I’ve been wanting to:
- Get a side photography business off the ground
- Get a side web development/digital marketing & consulting business up
- Make a YouTube channel analyzing some of my favorite media through the lens of the brilliant literature and the brilliant minds we have throughout history.
- Make music, mostly instrumental stuff, probably lofi hip-hop type tracks for people to consume along with do covers of songs and maybe write and share my own.
- Working on novel, short stories, Twine tales, etc.
- Food and recipes I’ve been trying out that are healthy and how to eat right.
- Learning to draw.
- And of course blogging.
I’m ready to make it happen.

Comments
Post a Comment