Okay to disagree
![]() |
| click here |
What stuck out to me today was two verses from both the Gospel reading and also the Acts Of The Apostles:
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. - John 10:27-28
What are we to determine from these two verses? Is it that Paul obeyed God and Barnabas did not or vice-versa? But how can these be so since they are both glorified as saints, both preached the gospel, both were eventually martyred.
I find encouragement in these verses, that we have a clear example of God's strength working through our weakness. Neither committed sin. It seems that there was no bitterness between them. But they felt so strongly about something of practicality and importance that they could no longer be enjoined in ministry together.
Beloved, we will all will at some point disagree with one another. Here we have a clear example of what it means to feel strongly without bitterness, without anger, without sin. Let us follow this example.

Comments
Post a Comment